Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's aliver!


I don't know much about artists, nor do I know very much at all about children. But a strange feeling has got to me in the last day as the seeds have sprouted and grown as tall as you can see. I am feeling paternal and patriotic. This is my land. This is my project, my eight little children, like the fingers on my two hands. Each plot is getting its own personality. I try to treat them equally, which has been especially easy as I haven't been watering them recently - the rain has been coming from Ranginui.

So I've been online quite a lot in the last few days, you know, just to find the facts. And there seems to be some confusion about the facts. See here for example. Or over here.

Oh well, I suppose that this is simply the process that us A-listers have to go through as we wendel our way towards making great profits from art. I mean, if this arty-farty thing was easier then I reckon everyone would be doing it.

That said, there has been some good news in the last few days. Now I'm no sporty-supporty kind of guy either, but I have noticed a few things from the rugger. One of those things is that you can make money by getting someone who is good at running about on grass to associate themselves with your product. In this case my product is art. And the other thing that I noticed is that there is demand for grass that is as beautiful as mine in a couple of places. Nah, but my grass is too fresh and soft to have oafs jumping about on it. There's no respect on those pitches. I'd hate to be the groundsman there. Ah, but, one day.... one day my grass is going to be all grown up and is going to have to earn its keep somehow. Maybe it'll be a pitch. Bit of a pun there eh? Pitch!