Saturday, February 25, 2012

Back in the Black


Gidday there, I was only back for a week in December and had to rattle my dags back to the South because I found a bloody beaut wee spot to buy up a slew of batches. I can't say for now, but once all the deals are inked, well, then you can be all ears. In the meantime, my newnew zeal landland has been suffering. 


I asked one of the boys to put it in the shade, but he only shifted one batch. So now we've got some that has been baked in the long hot summer Wellington days. You really can see the difference in the batches. This weekend I finally got round to giving it a trim up around the edges and removing the leaves and other detritus that was clogging up the light. I gave them a good water and hope they'll be happy. We'll see!



The top was one in the shade. The bottom one was exposed to that CFC sun of ours. Too right, struth and all holy hell! It's gone to rack and ruin. But these lower photos are after I got the snippers onto them and cleared the accumulated debris. Tending, always the tending.